Yep, it's that time of year again!
I had so much fun making my Halloween apothecary last year that I've decided to get creative again this year.
Halloween is one of my favorite time of year to do crafts and decorate. There's just so much creative freedom. You can get as wild as you want and no one will blink twice.
I actually started this project last year but never got around to finishing it. You know how it goes right? You start a million projects on an inspiration wave, then you loose it and half of those projects get forgotten in a distant corner of the house for a few months...and sometimes more.
Does anyone else do that?
I've also been known to go into a craft store for a very specific thing and come back out 3 hours later with half the store in my bags. Oh, did I mention my very awesome and patient husband was waiting in the car the whole time?
Yea, he doesn't come anymore.
Back to my project. So I saw this skull at the dollar store and I immediately thought it would be fun to turn it into a sugar skull to decorate my living room.
When I shared my idea with my husband, he mentioned it would be cool if it was a candy bowl. I swear, he's totally a creative inside. So off he went to drill. Awesome right?
So anyway, this super skull is chilling on my table right now, but I took out all of the candy because otherwise, my toddlers will at them all in a single sitting.
Have you created anything for Halloween? Are you making your own costume? What will you dress up as?
My boys and husband have asked to be the 3 musketeers so that's what my next project is going to be. If you're looking for me in the next 2 weeks, I'll either be raiding the dollar store or at my sewing machine.
See you all next week! :)
1. Paint the entire skull white. I used spray paint but you can just as easily use a paint brush and acrylics.
2. Cut a hole at the top to insert your candy. I asked my husband to do it with his hand drill, it took him about 2 minutes.
3. Paint the eye sockets, nose hole and teeth outline in black. You can use any color you want at this point, have fun and be creative!
4. Decorate with pretty patterns around the eyes, the forehead and chin. You can embellish with faux jewels or even glitter!
5. Cut some artificial flowers and hot glue them around the head to form a flower crown. I glued them around the hole.
6. Fill with candy and enjoy!