Can you believe the fall season is already here? Where has the summer gone? Time flies so fast around here it's crazy!
We've got so many wonderful things to look forward to this fall I can barely wait for it all. Jumping in gigantic piles of fallen leaves with the kids, decorating pumpkins, layering clothes and of course, visits at the local orchard.
For the past couple of years, at around this time, one of our emerging family traditions is to have a day at the farm, pick apples, eat some freshly picked corn on the cob, and then return home for some canning and baking. It's a lovely day filled with tractor rides, muddy feet and barn animals. Sometimes, the kids even get a pony ride.
We always come home with a ton of apples and we'll spend the afternoon preparing lots of apple goodies together; apple pies, apple crumbles, apple sauce, and just enjoying apples raw.
I've already shared my go-to apple pie recipe with you and today, I'm going to share our apple upside-down cake recipe, and this one is egg free for those of you with an egg allergy. All you need is my egg free white cake recipe, some apples and spices, and you're ready to go!
What kind of fall activities are you looking forward to this year?
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of brown sugar
Vanilla cake recipe (no eggs)
1. Line a pot with a baking sheet so that your apples don't stick to the bottom of the container.
2. Peal & cut your apples in slices, and put them at the bottom of your pot.
3. Sprinkle the apples with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Prepare the eggless white cake batter and pour over the apples.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes.
6. Flip the cake over a plate, remove baking sheet and enjoy!